Main photographer Patti Nelson Bandy took off on her own one Sunday and came back with some great finds. Cranfills Gap is located in both Bosque and Hamilton counties. Here is small excerpt from the town's website.
"The town was named for George Eaton Cranfill, who in 1851 had settled near the gap in a mountain on the border between Bosque and Hamilton counties. By 1858, the immediate area was a focus of settlement, but it wasn’t until May 1879 before the first sign of organized community development occurred, when Sam Cranfill succeeded in moving a nearby Hamilton County post office, opened one month earlier by Samuel B. Crawford, across the county line into Cranfills Gap."
Patti also visited the nearby St. Olaf , also known as "Rock Church" which is at the bottom of the page.